Monday, May 31, 2010

MOBILE PHONE, a dominant items in eLandscape future

Time is flying. I have been writing this blog for a month already. It is the first time I have tried this kind of work. I usually hide my own work from others. My English is bad, so I don’t want to embarrass myself. I have gained lots of experience by writing the blog. I learned how to response for each topic. I have a chance to explore and share my ideas to others. I don’t know that my thought is right or wrong and good or bad but it is a great whole new experience.

As from my previous entry, I think social media or e-culture offer many different things to human living on this earth. I felt that we are so lucky to born within this period. Let’s imagine 50 years back. How can people from Australia and Asia communicate? How do they live without Internet or mobile phone? What do they do while riding the train or tram? I always stated in my earlier entry that technology has overcome human life. Which area of Social media is set to dominate the eLandscape in the future? From what I have learned from this unit, the most stands out topic would be mobile phone. I think human today cannot live without that small machine or in other word ‘smart phone’.


Can you live without mobile phone? My answer is no. This media product will definitely developed into a higher level, which means it will capture more people attention. It will sure offer more function or tool in the future. People will not be able to live without them. They are so important in our live. We will lose in communication if we don’t have one. In what criteria help you decide on which mobile phone you should buy? I desperately want Blackberry right now. Why do I want it? Blackberry is a smart phone. New technologies get ever smaller and more powerful (Levinson, P. 2009). You can upload or chat via Facebook at anytime. It is a time killer. People don’t have to carry their laptop anymore. With Blackberry, technology is in your hands.

This small technology offers convenience and entertainment at the same time. We would say that, with the iPhone, for the first time, we had a technology specifically designed to enable not just new media but new new media literally at the user’s disposal, any place the user happen to be (Levinson, P. 2009). Personally, one of the reasons I think mobile phone will be able to dominate in eLanscape in the future is privacy. It allows user to take them to the bed, even in the toilet. We will be able to access to all the entertainment tools whenever and wherever we are or like.

As everyone know that Japan is the world leading in high technology. Before iPhone or Blacberry was invented, Japanese people are able to use the Internet on their mobile already. However, you can find an iPhone in Japan. Even though, the iPhone lacks other technology long available on Japanese cell phones, such as digital TV broadcasts, a built-in camcorder, voice recognition and an "electronic wallet" function, it provided a global standard.


Can you see how Japanese people react to this new media product? Even though, their country has already provided an amazing technology for them. People are excited about new technology everyday. This small item is getting more powerful. According to Kageyama’s article, Japanese is still going to stick to Japanese old-style phone, as it creates a community and other unique functions. People will not be able to survive without one. We are incapable to escape from this technology, as we are living among it functions such as Internet access, cameras, MP3 player or even alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment